Unfortunately, the link to the recipe didn't work, but the picture inspired me, so I decided to make up my own. And away we go....
12 oz bag Lays Lightly Salted Potato Chips
Grinder of Coarse Sea Salt
1. Pour entire bag of chocolate chips into double boiler over boiling water
2. Stir chips frequently with a spatula until completely melted
3. Dip approximately 1/3 of each potato chip into chocolate mix
4. Place chips onto wax paper and grind a pinch of sea salt onto each chip
5. Chill in refrigerator
Here's a look at the finished product. They were delicious!
1. Must improve my double boiler/melting experience (had a few incidents of water bubbling over and it seemed to take a long time to really melt/get smooth) - any tips, reader friends? Advice, please!
2. Might try with Ruffles (or another thicker chip), just to see how that impacts the chocolate/chip ratio
3. Consider unsalted chips, or without sea salt (if looking to keep the sodium intake down)
4. Loved the semi-sweet chocolate, but want to try milk chocolate and dark chocolate for other variations
YUM. Highly recommend!